Tuesday

Simple Coffee Cake Recipe

It was in the weekend and the weather was not helping at all. It has been raining all day and the earth was quite damp. We had nothing to do besides sitting on our couch watching television. I noticed my two girls were restless, going to the kitchen back and forth, looking for something to munch. They took a bowl of muruku and then I decided I should bake something. I guess the rain made everyone hungry. So I went to the pantry and noticed that I had just enough ingredients to bake a very simple coffee cake. So, here it is.

Ingredients
2 cups butter
2 cups fine sugar
4 cups self-raising flour
4 eggs
1 table spoon coffee, mixed with very little water
Roasted almond flakes, if any

Methods
1.  Beat sugar and butter until fluffy.

2. Add in eggs on by one. Keep beating the batter until it turns light and white.

3. Add in the flour and the coffee mixture. Mix well.

4. Put the batter in a suitable baking dish. Sprinkle some roasted almond flakes as garnishing.

4. In a preheated oven of 180 degree celcius, bake the cake for 45 minutes or until cooked.

*serves 6-8 people
  

No comments: