Sunday

Coconut Pancake

I woke up early in the morning with no vivid idea of what to do for breakfast. It was weekend and I was too lazy to go out for any 'ready made' breakfast like nasi lemak or roti canai. Hence, I opened the pantry and look for some ingredients that I can play with. Well, if I have no fixed plan, I would just make do with any ingredients in store. As long as they are edible, why not!

Soon, I got with me some flour, milk, sugar, coconut milk and coconut flakes. Thus, coconut pancake came to mind. It just so happened that I had with me some leftover sambal, so that would be perfect for my pancake. This is a traditional Malay dish that has been forgotten and I better make some for my children to sample. Do try!

Ingredients
3 cups of flour
2 cups of fresh milk
2 cups of coconut milk
4 table spoon sugar
1 cup coconut flakes
pinch of salt
Water, if needed
Oil

Methods
1. Mix every ingredient well. You may add some water to ensure that the batter is smooth and runny to form a pancake.

2. In a small frying pan, add in very little oil and scoop one ladle of batter onto the pan and wait until it forms some bubbles. Flip to the other side after a minute or so.  

3. When ready, eat with some sambal or if you prefer something sweet, some jam or honey.

*serves 4-6 people
  

No comments: