This is one of my favourite dishes. It is inspired by the Germans' way of making their mashed potatoes. I found out that this kind of mashed potatoes is suitable taken by itself or with grilled meat, fish or chicken. I personally like to eat it with grilled or poached fish fillet.
Finger licking good!
Have a try!
5 medium sized potatoes, boil and mashed
1-2 cup/s milk
8 table spoon butter
* Mix all ingredients well*
4 garlic, finely minced
2 big onions, finely chopped
500gm minced meat
1 can button mushrooms or shitake mushrooms, chopped
2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
spring onions, coriander leaves, chopped
oil, for frying
1. In a heated pan, pour in some oil. Add in garlic and onions. Fry until golden brown.
2. Add in minced meat and cook until the meat is tender.
3. Add the mushrooms and cook for another ten minutes. Stir gently all ingredients.
4. When the mushroom is cooked, put in the frozen vegetables and stir well.
5. Sprinkle some salt and pepper to taste.
6. Lastly, put in the chopped spring onions and coriander leaves. Mix all ingredients.
7. Turn off the heat.
8. In a bowl, mix the cooked meat and vegetables (B) with (A).
9. Mixed all ingredients well before serving.
*serves 2-4 people