To cut time, I used puff pastry for my apple pie this time. I got the pastry at a local hypermarket with a value for money. It is light and fluffy. Very crispy once you bake it and the pastry did not fall off but deliciously melt inside your mouth. Do try.
10 sheets of puff pastry
4 green apples, skinned and cubed to about 1/2 cm
8-10 table spoon brown sugar (you can add coarse sugar as well. Adjust the sweetness according to your own liking)
2 table spoon flour
2 table spoon cinnamon powder
Eggs - beaten (for brushing the pastry)
1. Mix the apples with sugar, flour and cinnamon powder.
2. Take one sheet of puff pastry. Scoop enough apple mixture on the first half top of the pastry.
3. Fold the other half of the pastry and glue the edges with some water.
4. Put the pastry in a baking tray. Make some slits across the pastry before brushing the top with beaten eggs. This is to ensure that the pastry will be shiny once baked.
5. In a preheated oven of 180 degree celcius, bake the pie for about 30 minutes or until golden brown.
*serves 2-4 people