My second daughter loves this very much. She has already requested that I make another tray. It is a bit sweet, so you can reduce the sugar if you do not prefer it that way. You can prepare this in less than half an hour, bake it and serve it together with a cup of tea.
2 cups of self-raising flour
1 tea spoon salt
2 cups butter
2 cups shredded coconut
2 cups chocolate chips
1 cup coarse sugar or 2 cups brown sugar (I used coarse sugar for this one)
2 tea spoon vanilla essence
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degree celcius. Grease the baking pan.
2. In a large bowl, mix and cream butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla extract. Mix all until well blended.
3. Fold in chocolate chips and shredded coconuts. Mix well.
4. Spread mixture evenly over pan. I used 9X9 inch pan.
5. Bake for about 30-40 minutes, depending on your oven.
6. Let cool completely before cutting into bars.
*serves 10-12 people